Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Feeling creatively stuck?



Hi crafters! 

If you are anything like me, you have probably had days where you want to make some new clay creations, but you find yourself sitting there rolling a piece of clay between your fingers unsure of what to make. Today I'd like to give you advice on what to do when you're feeling creatively stuck.

One thing that helps me: I will search online (oh the advantages of internet!) for categories I think I might want to do. For example: type in "desserts" on google images (Pinterest should work for this, too). As I search, scroll through, and get inspired by the pictures, I type out all my ideas. 

Let me take a quick moment to suggest that if you are not quite at an age of full independence on what you expose yourself to online, I would check with a parent before searching on google images. ;)

Another idea: start thinking about your house and places you've been. School, the mall, the gym, work... that might help give you some ideas.

For example, say you went to the park the other day. You start thinking about it... it is a beautiful one with green grass and tall, lush trees. Then you think about the birds that were hopping around pecking at the ground. Boom! There's an idea that might inspire you. Creating a little bird figurine. Maybe you thought bird earrings might be nice, too! Jot it all down:

Little bird figurine - maybe earrings 

So there you have it! Two strategies that might be just enough to help you get un-stuck and claying again! 

Good luck! And remember, even if you are still hopelessly stuck, that's just part of being a wonderfully creative person! The ideas will flow again. Trust me. ;)

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment