Saturday, October 20, 2012

A surprise that glows. (reading is important!)

Reading things can be important... something I definitely didn't spend too much time doing on a certain clay shopping trip.

A month or so back, I was at a craft store shopping for individual packs of clay. I was purchasing what I consider "important" colors, such as: brown, red, green...etc.

Having mini pasta in mind, I grabbed two packs of what I thought to be a good pasta color. (I was still new to choosing colors so I wasn't thinking how I could just blend colors to make the perfect pasta).

Yay! A bag of new clay stuff. That's always exciting. I went to town crafting... I made mini ice cream, pizza, and a plate of spaghetti with my new pasta color.

I do believe it was several days later, I took a bunch of my clay creations down a set of stairs on the way to the oven. These stairs happen to be a darker section of the house and suddenly several random shapes came a-glow before my eyes. My pasta, my ice cream, and my pizza were glowing green! Yep, I had bought, not just one, but two packs of glow in the dark clay. You can imagine my surprise.

I learned two things: 1. Reading about the product before making a purchase is usually a good idea. ;) 2. There is such thing as glow in the dark clay!

Here you go! Two pictures of my nice (glow-in-the-dark) spaghetti!



Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment